Starting the Program
- Download and install Microsoft Framework from Microsoft web site.
- Download and install Nokia PC Connectivity SDK 2.1 from Nokia web site.
- Install SMS Reciever.
- Connect mobile phone to PC, and select it in Nokia Connection manager.
- Run SMS Reciever
- If Device status is: 'Attached' then you are ready to use.
- Check if your phone got 1(one) free SMS on the SIM card memory! (It is
important that you select receiving SMS on your SIM card!)
- Click 'Data phone numbers' and add your phone number, Enable it and close
the 'Data phone numbers' form.
- Click 'Data reciever/sender' and add some data. Be aware that the text you
type in Send field will be sent trough SMS when your phone receive a SMS message
you typed in the Receive box!!!
- Close the 'Data reciever/sender' form.
- Click 'Refresh' button to refresh changes in the database.
- Now your phone is ready to act like a SMS Reciever!
- Take another mobile phone to take some testing.
- Send SMS message containing the text you typed in the receive box to your
phone connected to PC, and in a second or two you should receive a SMS message
containing a text you typed in the Send box.
- Was it a success?
Now you have a expensive SMS network for FREE!!!
SMS Reciever will run on computer system that meet minimum requirements.
Minimum System requirements:
Hardware: Pentium class processor
OS: Windows 2000/XP
Hard-disk free space: 1MB
Video: 640*480, 256 colors
- Windows 2000/XP
- Microsoft Framework 1.0
- Nokia PC Connectivity SDK 2.1
- Nokia 5110/8210/6150...
- Cable/IrDA connection
As you can see, SMS Reciever does not need strong computers to run. It could
work on older configuration that does not meet minimum requirements, but that is
not tested yet.
To remove this program from your system:
1. Open the Windows Control Panel.
2. Double-click Add/Remove Programs.
3. Find the application name in the list and select it.
4. Follow the instructions in the Uninstall Wizard.
Ordering Information :
This application is FREE!!!